Ontario universities that are members of the Council of Ontario Universities are eligible for membership. Each university has one vote, vested in the head (dean or director) of the central continuing education, extension or lifelong learning unit. Members of continuing education units in professional faculties and other areas of the universities are invited to participate in the membership held by their institution.
Institutional Membership Annual Fee: $250
Individual Membership Annual Fee: $60
Honorary membership may be conferred from time to time by the OCULL Executive Committee on individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to university continuing education in Ontario. Nominations for Honorary Members are recognized at the Annual General Meeting.
Criteria for Honorary Membership
OCULL honorary lifetime membership is awarded to:
- long standing members of OCULL (10 years or more) with considerable achievements and contributions to the Continuing Education profession in Ontario, primarily outside their own institution.
- members of the OCULL Executive with outstanding contributions to the activities and priorities of the Council over several years and having promoted the advancement of Continuing Education provincially.
- an individual who has made outstanding progress and took a crucial leadership role to initiate Continuing Education at an Ontario institution and was also an active member of OCULL.
- Lifetime honorary membership is:
- generally awarded to someone no longer serving directly in Continuing Education at an Ontario university.
- given at an annual general meeting, but could also be awarded at another special occasion.
- only under exceptional circumstances would an honorary membership be awarded posthumously.
- To nominate someone for Honorary Membership to OCULL, complete the Honorary Nomination Form.
- The executive will serve as the nominating committee and the past president will serve as chair of the committee.
- Generally, in the spring of every year, the past president will request nominations for honorary membership from the membership. Members will be asked to complete the OCULL honorary member nomination form and submit it by the end of May.
- The executive will consider the nominations and make a determination by the end of June allowing sufficient time to contact the nominee and to make the necessary preparations to honor the member. Normally not more than one member would be honored each year